20 May 2012

The Zombie Student Speaks: An Ascension Sunday Message

Greetings, dear ones!

Earlier today I delivered the sermon for St Peter's UMC.  Although I didn't mention zombies in this particular sermon, the message is clear: let's stop biting and clawing one another in the Church and move closer to unity through the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Many of us forget our identities as children of our Heavenly Father, and we neglect or abuse our brothers and sisters in Christ in thought, word and deed.  Committee meetings are notorious for such behavior!

I'm certain that our Lord Jesus knew exactly what was coming, and that's why He called the disciples (and now calls us) to sit down and watch for the movement of the Holy Spirit.  Sit down and wait.  Sit down until you are filled with My Presence, He says. I promise to guide you.  Just watch and wait for my Spirit.  She will guide you when the Father and I send her to you.

As we prepare for the season of Pentecost, dear ones, I pray that we all will take time to sit, to watch and to wait for the Spirit to lead us.  Only then will we remember who, and whose, we are.  Here, dear ones, is my sermon.  Watch and wait.  I'll do the same.  Then, together we can enter the future which God has prepared for us.  Remember, no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the human heart conceived, what God has prepared for those who love God. These things have been, are being, and will be revealed through the Holy Spirit who searches all -- even the very deepest places within God (1 Cor. 2:9-10).



No comments:

Post a Comment